Aetna medicare understands that health is more than physical. At Aetna, they believe in the need to take care of the whole of their beneficiaries — body, mind and spirit. That’s why their medicare plans take a total approach to health, so their beneficiaries can live actively for a long time. Aetna Medicare provides PDP, HMO, PPO plan with a medicare contract. They also have contracts with state medicare programs. Enrollment in any plans depends on renewal.
Special benefits of Aetna medicare plans
Many seniors will enroll in a medicare supplement plans for 2019 to avoid the excess medical bills and to save money.
Aetna Medicare Supplement plans cover hospitalization and doctors in the same plan. And they may also cover:
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Health coaching
- Prescription drug coverage
- Mental health programs
- Meals after a hospital stay
The quick view of supplement plans provides by Aetna
Commonly there are 3 types of supplement plans available in Aetna. Let’s have a look at this.
- Medicare Supplement Plans (with or without medicine)
- An alternative to HMO or PPO Plans
- May also cover extra benefits, like dental care or wellness programs
- Many plans include prescription medicine coverage
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (part D)
Part D coverage is available separately or as part of many medicare supplement plans. These plans can also be added to:
- Original Medicare (Parts A and/or B)
- Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap)
- Some Private Fee-for-Service Plans (PFFS)
- Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans (MSA)
- Some Medicare Cost Plans
- cover prescription medicine costs
- Designed for people with HMO or PPO
- Available if beneficiaries have a medical plan that doesn’t provide medicine coverage
- Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans (Medigap)
Medicare Supplement insurance plans provide support to beneficiaries to pay for some of the costs not provided by original medicare (Parts A and B). This includes coinsurance and deductibles. This lets users to see doctors and hospitals who accept medicare. There are no network restrictions. This plan also has some other features like
- It works separately with original medicare coverage plan
- Also provide some benefits that original medicare doesn’t cover, like coinsurance, deductibles, and copayments.
- Allow beneficiaries to add a prescription medicine plan.
Aetna Medicare Supplement Prescription Drug plans got high ratings by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in the annual Star Ratings. For 2018 they got the rating of 4 out of 5 stars.